To apply for a lease please complete all required information in our online application form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Tenant Application Form to Download
Tenants Application Form ]
(Right mouse click and "Save Target As" to save a copy to your hard disk.)
Please download this form, complete and fax with copies of your identification to
Red Dot Real Estate
F (03) 9938 3899
Note: Applications will only be processed after confirmation of inspection of the property.
I hereby offer to rent the property from the owner under a lease to be prepared by the Agent. Should this application be accepted by the landlord I agree to enter Into a Residential Tenancy Agreement.
By submitting this application the applicant:
- has inspected the property and acknowledges it was in reasonably clean condition at time of inspection.
- accepts the property in the current condition and facilities as inspected.
- Acknowledges it is a condition of the Lease Agreement that ongoing rental payments are paid on the due date, monthly in advance and in full. Ongoing rental payments are to be made by direct debit from a cheque or savings account.
- Acknowledges this application is accepted subject to the availability of the property on the due date and no action shall be taken by the applicant against the landlord and the agent should any circumstances arise whereby the property is not available for occupation on the due date or if the application is unsuccessful.
I acknowledge that this application is subject to the approval of the owner/landlord. I declare that all information contained in this application (including the reverse side) is true and correct and given of my own free will. I declare that I am not bankrupt.
Tenancy Privacy Statement
I authorize Red Dot Real Estate to obtain personal information about me from:
- The owner or the Agent of my current or previous residence
- My personal referees and employer/s
- Any person who maintains any record, listing or database of defaults by tenants; and I authorise and consent to each of those persons providing requested personal information about me to the Agent
If I default under a rental agreement, I agree that the Agent may disclose details of any such default to a tenancy default database, and to agents/landlords of properties I may apply for in the future.
I am aware that the Agent will use and disclose my personal information during the application process and during the term of my tenancy in order to:
- Communicate with the owner and select a tenant
- Prepare lease/tenancy documents
- Allow trades people or equivalent organisations to contact me
- Lodge/claim/transfer to/from a Bond Authority
- Refer to Tribunals/Courts & Statutory Authorities (where applicable)
- Refer to collection agents/lawyers (where applicable)
- Complete a credit check with NTD (National Tenancies Database) or similar organization
- Transfer water account details into my name
- The Landlord's mortgagee – for mortgage purposes
- Other real estate agents and landlords
- Utilities companies such as gas, electricity and water connections
- Banks for rental payment facilities and financial records
NTD Disclosure Statement
To contact National Tenancy Database Pty Ltd (ABN65 079 105 025) ("NTD"):
Telephone: 03 9610 4996
Facsimile: 03 9620 7339
Web site: www.ntd.net.au
In Person: Level 7, 477 Collins Street, Melbourne 3000
NTD collects your personal information to provide to its members historical tenancy and public record information
on individuals and companies who/which lease residential and commercial property from or through licensed real
estate agent members of NTD.
NTD also provides credit information on
companies/directors applying for commercial leases.
The real estate agent/property manager will advise NTD of
your conduct throughout the lease/tenancy and that
information will form part of your tenant history.
NTD usually discloses information to:
- Licensed real estate agent members
- NTD's parent company, Collection House Limited
- (ABN 74 010 230 716) and its subsidiaries
- Credit Bureaus
Please provide the following documents to support your application.
- Three forms of identification including one with photo( eg. passport, driver’s license), medicare card, bank card
- Proof of income – three successive pay slips and/or bank statement showing same
- Proof of your current address eg. utilities bill, bank statement
All applicants will be required to provide 100 points of identification to accompany this application as listed below:
Drivers Licence : 50 points
Passport : 50 points
Birth Certificate : 50 points
Proof of Age Card : 50 points
Rates Notice : 20 points
Student ID : 20 points
Current Wage Advice : 20 points
Previous 2 Rent Receipts :20 points
Gas or Electricity Account :20 points
Bank Statement :10 points
Concession or Pension Card :10 points
Photocopy of photo ID is required
In submitting this form the Applicant consents to Red Dot Real Estate collecting and using personal information as outlined above.
Additional Information for Prospective Tenants
- Should your application be approved you will be required to sign a lease and provide payment of the bond within 24 hours
- Prior to your commencement date all tenants must sign the Tenancy Agreement and pay the first month's rental charge
- Keys will only be handed out when all parties have signed the Tenancy Agreement, Bond lodgment form, all monies have been paid and the tenancy has commenced in accordance with the Tenancy Agreement
- The Bond and the first month's rent must be made by bank cheque or money order
- Further rent payments will be adjusted to meet Red Dot Real Estate's common rent pay date
- Red Dot Real Estate cannot confirm that any phone lines to the property are operable or able to be reconnected. It is the tenant's responsibility to check with the telephone provider before proceeding with the tenancy to confirm the situation with the telephone line. It is the responsibility of the tenant to pay any reconnection fees
- The tenant is responsible for connection of all utilities
- Ensuring the main switch is in the off position for power connection remains the responsibility of the tenant
- Rent is payable on a per calendar monthly basis and is calculated using the formula of 1 weeks's rent/7 (days of week) x 365 = yearly figure/12 = pcm figure
- Some apartment complexes have special rules for moving in and out which may involve additional fees to you. Please confirm this with your Property Manager.
- An appointment time will be scheduled for the above procedures and we advise you allow at least 45 minutes for this to ensure time for you to read the conditions of the Tenancy Agreement and to ask relevant questions relating to your tenancy and agreement.
Should your application be successful you will be notified by phone and requested to confirm your tenancy.
During your tenancy
Your Contact Details
Please notify our office of any changes to your contact details – ie if you have a phone connected to your new address, or there are changes to business hours contact (place of employment)
Connectnow is a free moving home service that will save hours of time and hassle having to contact multiple providers from insurance and removalists to gas, electricity, telephone, internet and Pay TV.
Put simply you let us know which services and providers you would like connected and disconnected and we'll organise it all for you.